GCC Property Care Limited recognises that the development of a culture supportive of health and safety is necessary to achieve control over risks.
Accordingly, it does all that is reasonably practicable to promote co-operation between companies, groups and individuals so that health and safety is a collaborative effort. It supports quality initiatives aimed at continuous safety improvement and ensures the communication of necessary information throughout the organisation. The aim of GCC Property Care is to contribute to an environment free of injuries, ill health and loss.
The Company will:
• Accept responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of its employees and others that may be affected by its activities.
• Comply with all Governmental legislation, appropriate Health and Safety Regulations, Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes that establish the necessary standards of health and safety.
• Obtain where necessary, expert advice from our Health and Safety Advisor to detect the risks to health and safety arising from the Company’s activities and the most appropriate risk control systems and work place precautions.
•Ensure that its management set an example in safe behaviour and effectively supervises its activities.
• Ensure a systematic approach to the evaluation of risks and the allocation of resources to control them.
• Identify, implement and maintain risk control systems and workplace precautions that meet or exceed statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of plant and equipment that is safe to use.
• Provide all relevant information, instruction and necessary training to its employees, in respect of risks to their health and safety which may arise out of their work activities, or at their place of work.
• Make protective safety devices and equipment available to its employees and to provide the necessary instruction, information, training and supervision in their safe use.
• Consult with employees on health and safety matters, in particular with individual employees before making them responsible for health and safety.
• Keep a constant interest in health and safety issues that are applicable to the Company’s activities.
Employees have a legal obligation to co-operate in these objectives by:
• Working safely and efficiently with proper regard for others around them.
• Following the Company safety arrangements and procedures
• Using work and protective equipment in accordance with the information, instruction and training they receive.
• Reporting situations, accidents or incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage. The Company will continually review and update this document, at least annually.